Clinical Services Specifically for People who are Deaf & Hard-of-Hearing & Their Families
Our clinical services team includes Karli Dettman. Karli provides counselling to manage the following areas:
• general mental health problems
• child behaviour and development
• parental support
• LGBTQIA+ people and families
• identity issues
• stress and anxiety
• relationship difficulties
• feeling overwhelmed and not able to cope day-to-day
• trauma exposure
• multiple disability and adjustment to diagnosis
• group therapy
Counselling is available at our Blackburn office. Karli Health Centre is also able to provide services online using applications such as Skype™, FaceTime™ and Zoom™. This means that distance is not a problem – we can provide services nationwide. Many deaf people prefer to see a Counsellor who is fluent in Auslan and so it is not necessary to use an interpreter.
Clients can use our counselling services by:
• including counselling in their NDIS plan (provider number 45839156). (Click here to watch an Auslan video about the NDIS),
• using your employer’s EAP (Employment Assistance Program) or other such programs (e.g. Crimes Compensation),
• paying as a private client – private health insurance may help with the cost, or
• seeing your GP for a mental health plan.
For more information, contact us.